Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Great to be back and using my telescope again :)

romx

after a quite messy breakup i moved out and took what was important my telescope my pc ohh yeah and the kids :)

now i have things sorted in my new home i finally got a chance to have a look through my telescope and boy was it wonderful and peaceful looking at jupiter. even through a low powered lens i could see the banding so moved onto the more powerful ones and got the best views ive ever had. really loving my new location as it has led street lighting it is amazing the difference it makes compered to the high power sodium lighting i was flooded with in my old home. 

I think that sometimes the dark, the tranquility and the views produce a trance like state where time slows and the senses become more acute.

I certainly fell out of my socks when a fox stuck his head through the hedge, to find out what was going on !

Nick.

I think that sometimes the dark, the tranquility and the views produce a trance like state where time slows and the senses become more acute.

I certainly fell out of my socks when a fox stuck his head through the hedge, to find out what was going on !

Nick.

That reminds me of the time when I was observing bare-footed and a skunk came up and licked my toes - scared the **** out of me.

yup this could be the start of a new thread ,

what scared the hell out of you when observing

,for me a cats tail up my shorts when I was sat down ! the neighbours cat came from

absolutetly nowhere !caused me quite a shock I'll say

don't want to hijack the thread -astronomy normally just gives you perspective and peace

glad you are finding it again

after a quite messy breakup i moved out and took what was important my telescope my pc ohh yeah and the kids :)

now i have things sorted in my new home i finally got a chance to have a look through my telescope and boy was it wonderful and peaceful looking at jupiter. even through a low powered lens i could see the banding so moved onto the more powerful ones and got the best views ive ever had. really loving my new location as it has led street lighting it is amazing the difference it makes compered to the high power sodium lighting i was flooded with in my old home. 

Congratulations on surviving the upheaval and on getting back to more enjoyable things.

I'm a Cod Head myself but escaped just over the SE border way back in 1988. I've now been out of it more than I was in it!

So are you still in Fleetwood? In my childhood on the West View estate the sky wasn't so bad. Much less street lighting back then.

The light pollution here in Thornton is abysmal. I struggle much below mag 3.5 naked eye, even on good nights :(

When the Blackpool Abominations Illuminations are on it never really gets dark! 

Archived