Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Philips SPC900NC webcam driver

Caribian

Hi Astroboffin.

Thanks for you reply but the spc900 will still not run. I install it all from Philips but the camera will not operate, it just shows as an audio device. When I run it in compatibility for windows 7 it still will not run.

Roytraveller

I will try to find the link when I get home tonight, but I had massive issues myself getting this running last week.

You need to disable driver signing in windows 8 and install some custom drivers that someone has knocked together.  It does work eventually but it is a right pain and quite complicated.

• Like 1

Hi Guys thanks for all your suggestions but being a newbie to astro photography I think I may have discovered the problem. My webcam is actually an SPC880NC from Morgan not a genuine SPC900NC albeit I understand it has the same internals. I now need to find a friend with windows XP to flash it. Sorry for leading you all astray now the search for a friend with XP or buy a cheap XP PC

Thanks again

Hi Guys thanks for all your suggestions but being a newbie to astro photography I think I may have discovered the problem. My webcam is actually an SPC880NC from Morgan not a genuine SPC900NC albeit I understand it has the same internals. I now need to find a friend with windows XP to flash it. Sorry for leading you all astray now the search for a friend with XP or buy a cheap XP PC

Thanks again

I have sent you a PM about the flash mod

AB

• 3 years later...
  • 11 months later...

Urnanus67, how can I get the driver from you? I'm mystified. The microphone is recognized in Skype, but the camera is not. However, the camera does work in Facebook messenger surprisingly enough.  It is not listed in the Device Mangager though.  It seems weird. Do you have it working with Skype?

Edited by fontluvr
More information