Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

sgl_imaging_challenge_banner_solar_25_winners.thumb.jpg.fe4e711c64054f3c9486c752d0bcd6f2.jpg

Philk_80

stupid question but which size solar filter do I buy from FLO

I have a 250px flexitube and think I want the 10" newt one but want to make sure as 80 odd quid.

Any guidance will be greatly appreciated.

The 10" one sounds right, 10" = 254mm.

Could email FLO and enquire, they may I suppose recommend another for some reason that I cannot think of.

Maybe even try the phone but they seem busy and phoning is a bit more hit and miss.

If you phone or email FLO they will simply ask you to measure the front of your scope and supply you the size that accommodates that measurement. So you can do it yourself ...

Might be worth getting in touch with them, though. as I had a long delay in getting my latest filter while they waited for supplies to arrive.

You don't need to use the full aparture with Solar work.  100mm diameter should suffice.  You can make your own from a A4 sheet of film and cardboard if you have basic "scissors and tape" skills.  Cost - about £20 (and you will have enough film over to make a spare).