Narrowband

William Optics GT102 - my new setup

Qwiati

Hello,

Attached as photos of my new setup... finally I have the scope I can easily take to dark site!  

Build and optical quality convinced me to purchase this scope and I hope I won’t be disappointed.

Main Scope: William Optics GT 102mm

Guide Scope: 50mm Orion Mini Guide

Guide Camera: Orion Star shot guider

Main Camera: Canon 70D

Astronomik CLS CCD EOS Clip filter

Mount: Orion Atlas EQ-G

Focus Motor + USB DCFocus 

post-35583-0-92066500-1422882262.jpg post-35583-0-79192000-1422882269.jpg post-35583-0-34533500-1422882287.jpg

post-35583-0-80966000-1422882298.jpg post-35583-0-24346100-1422882305.jpg post-35583-0-37995400-1422882316.jpg

I can't wait for the clear skies

All comments are welcome!

K

Very nice setup, only thing that would worry me is guider flexing, may be better of set lower on another dovetail bar across the tube rings.

Dave

The scope is very well attached, but thank you for a tip. I will test the flex when the clouds will finally go away.

K

A very nice set up, i have the same and am more than happy with the build quality and finish. I have had a problem with 2 of the WO  6 flatener reducer which i have had to send back to FLO, just thought you should know.

What was the issue please?

K

not a problem, thank you for sharing your experience with the flattener.

as to the focus motor - I was looking around and could not find dedicated one for GT102, but I think if you are looking for one, email JMI on support@jmitelescopes.com - I found them very helpful in the past.

In my opinion focus motor and possibility of managing scope focus directly from PC is essential - especially with this cold weather...    

K

Nice rig! I use a very similar scope and love it. One thing you may want to do is upgrade your dovetail. Get a losmandy and put a safety bolt in it. I know someone who just got a SV102, they had it out a week or two ago and the dovetail came loose and the scope came crashing down destroying the focuser, he was lucky the tube wasnt compromised!

Like i told him, serious gear deserves a serious plate.

You can see here i use a losmandy and have slipped an Allen key through in case it comes loose:

15392535061_e487f79fd2_c.jpg

Callum

Good choice, better to be safe than sorry!

And thanks :) received a CCD last week so hopefully my images are about to start improving, hopefully the learning curve isnt too steep. Waiting on clear skies to test it.

Enjoy your scope!

Callum

• 8 months later...

Archived