Narrowband

My First DSO's - M42, NGC869 and NGC884

Theinvoker

Hi all,

Just got my new 350D camera through as well as a DSI-C (thanks gaz!) so finally got the chance to turn to imaging some dso's :hello1:

Started on M42 (what else!) with the DSI-C, was very low on the horizon and was dodging the clouds meant I couldnt get many or and longer exposures but managed to drag a surprising ammount of data out in photoshop.

I then turned to the double cluster when M42 dropped below the trees to try out the 350D. Was also quite low but could get upto about a minute without it being washed out.

The first is 20 exposures of M42 1-3 seconds with the DSI unguided on a Celestron C6-N.

4720_normal.jpeg

(click to enlarge)

The second is 20 exposures NGC869 and NGC884 unguided with the 350D (unmodded). 9 at 15 seconds, 10 at 30 seconds, 5 at 1 minute and 1 at 2 minutes, iso 400-1600.

4721_normal.jpeg

(click to enlarge)

Didnt use any filters as just wanted to test them all out really :rolleyes:

Comments and suggestions on how to improve more than welcome!

Cheers,

Theinvoker

Looking Great!! I love the double cluster, that's a great shot! :rolleyes: You've also managed to collect a lot of detail in the core of M42. I think with it being so low on the horizon now it will be hard to improve on what you've got as you've got to look through a lot of atmosphere. You must be very pleased with your new equipment!

Sam

Archived