Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Cheaper alternative to Lead Acid Power?

Prador

Looking for some advice if possible... :)

I currently use a 17Ah SW powertank that my wife bought me (with the best of intentions I might add). To be fair it has performed flawlessly but I have never really been out observing long enough to fully drain it. I am trying to slim down all the stuff I have to take as I have to travel to dark sites. Living in the center of Plymouth is terrible for visual observing. I am keeping the NEQ6 but trying to lighten/downsize everything else.

I am wondering if this LiPo alternative on Amazon is worth the money or just cheap Chinese rubbish. For my use it would probably have a continuous 2-3A current draw, no more.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/easyjumper-Multi-function-Emergency-Flashlight-Smartphone/dp/B00Q77YQ9Q/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1422825543&sr=8-1&keywords=easyjumper

It would obviously be a lot lighter than my SW tank. I also imagine It is no match for an equivalent capacity Tracer.

Is it worth a punt?

Many thanks indeed for your thoughts...

Dave

No, I use them to fly model helicopers lots of power but only last 8 mins, down side on lipo (fire) a charger for them .if go under 3v  will not take charge any more,  keep them in a tin , charge in a tin.( Fire)   unless you are into modeling and now how handel them stay way.

I too fly rc helicopters and on my Skywatcher 127 Mak ,I'm using  a 4s lipo of 8000mah capacity,get roughly 6 hrs continuous use before I have to recharge.. If you want to monitor lipo useage,get either a Whatt Meter or a power meter for a electric bicycle- run it inline and problem solved.

Archived