SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

eyepiece projection with a Hyperion Zoom...?

I have an Orion XT8i (8" Dobsonian - f/5.9 1200mm) and a Baader Hyperion Zoom 8mm-24mm, which I'd like to use for some basic Eyepiece Projection photography. I also have a Canon 1100d and the adapter ring... I know I also need a T adapter to connect everything together... My question is, on the Hyperion Zoom box it shows the zoom connected to a camera, but it also shows an'optional extension tube'.... What is the purpose of this extension tube and how do I know if I need one for my setup...?

Thanks

You'll need it if you don't have enough back focus travel, so you'll place the extension tube and it will give a few cm(or inches) more.

if you have a barlow lens you can unscrew the lens part and use it as an extension tube, some barlows come with the t thread that you want.

It depends where the extension tube is placed and what purpose the extension tube is for. If the extension tube is this one http://www.baader-planetarium.uk.com/productinfo.php/Accessories/Adapters,_Rings,_Collars_etc/Hyperion_Extension_Ring/3536 it is used to  to eliminate some abberations when using Baader's Digital-T adapters for afocal projection photography

Archived