SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

IC434 (again) First Light Borg 125

PatrickGilliland

Just picked up a new 125 to see if any better than the 101 - I think so but thought I would share my early results.

I have used my old 101 limited RGB on this image as moon is in play and could not gather any new data.

New Ha 8 x 1200 with old RGB 4x600 binned x2 per channel.  Followed by the Ha only - all feedback welcome - please consider HA was also taken in heavy moon light - thanks for looking.

Not sure why but upload seems to have added a lot of noise to image - can be viewed here without noise? http://www.astrobin.com/full/152692/H/

post-37169-0-91600400-1422791325_thumb.j

post-37169-0-85846300-1422791350_thumb.j

Thanks

Paddy

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Superb work! 

I think the increase in noise when uploading is due to an automated and stronger level of jpg compression applied to your images to reduce their size. 

Anyway, I don't do imaging, but I can say that the original image in your link is one of the best I saw. 

Thank for sharing

Excellent image Paddy, you've managed to get the nice orange-hue also to the Flame nebula, often this comes our reddish. I think a lot of folks will start looking at Borg refractors now, since your images certainly shown what these are capable of.

Martin

Thanks All - too many names to mention so the colloquial all will have to do. :grin:

The 125 certainly seems to deliver.  Tried to be really thorough last night and take another 7 x 1200 ha on 125 (completed) then rigged up the 101 for its turn on same set and cloud rolled in despite BBC insisting it was clear! 

I guess I will have to go with the consensus as I will have to make the decision to purchase in next few days and pretty sure the weather will not be on my side. 

Feedback appreciated - have some e-series astrodon's LRGB's on trail as of tomorrow so be interesting to redo with rgb when they are rigged up (not to mention I took the old rgb a while back and certainly not the best data to build an image with so hopefully more to come in a few weeks on this one).

Thanks again

Paddy

That is a truly wonderful result Paddy.  As I am sure you know, you've lost most of the blue from the image - Alnitak is a blue giant, for instance - but the result is stunning nonetheless and in fact that makes this something different to the rest.  Lovely stuff.

Thanks x6gas  and Stardust - tbh had not even thought about the blue equation but even with my basic grasp of nuclear fusion and the stars it is obvious that a stat of that size is not yellow!  My bad, had to be red or blue.  I was editing a version with some more ha data and have rectified that error.

Thanks for feedback and bringing to my attention.

Paddy

Updated image

post-37169-0-80197500-1422955768_thumb.j

Thank you Knight.....

Appreciate the feedback - still some work to be done but that will have to wait for that lunar object to remove itself from the sky - aka need some new RGB, will be trying 7-9 600's at bin 1 on new astrodon e-series to see how much extra quality that provide and never done bin 1 rgb so will be interesting just to see.

Paddy

Archived