Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Imaging 25 out of 31 days January!!

As January draws to a close, it has turned out to be my most active month in astronomy since I started in 2012. I've been out imaging the sky for 25 days out of 31. A selection of those images are shown below.

Much of this has been possible due to my new 80mm scope, allowing its use more like a long lens than a telescope. With no set up time, it has allowed me to make use of the smallest weather windows, with some of my sessions being no longer than 5 or 10 minutes. If you don't have a small scope, a good pair of binoculars will open up opportunities that are impractical when needing to set up a mount.

A solar filter for a scope or binoculars will also open up opportunities to study our nearest star. Sun spots grow and fade over a period of days, increasing the chances when the night time sky is full of clouds.

The sky is out there to be seen, and it doesn't require a large committment of time to do so, just being prepared to take the opportunity.

post-20257-0-77490300-1422716730_thumb.j

Archived