Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Celestron SkyQ Link 2 WiFi Adapter

Hello, I just wondered if any of the forum members have used the 'Celestron SkyQ Link 2 WiFi Adapter', which allows the mount (in my case the Celestron AVX), to be controlled wirelessly via the Ipad or smart phone.

When I'm observing in my garden I generally have my Ipad with me so I was wondering if this piece of kit would be worth the purchase.

Best regards,

Benno

Hi Benno, I think there's been some talk on the Cloudy Nights forum about this. Not seen much on here about it. I've thought about it myself.

I'm not 100% sure but I think I read somewhere that it's exactly the same unit as the 1st skyq link.

Paul

Hi Benno, I think there's been some talk on the Cloudy Nights forum about this. Not seen much on here about it. I've thought about it myself.

I'm not 100% sure but I think I read somewhere that it's exactly the same unit as the 1st skyq link.

Paul

Hi Paul, thanks for the info. Just popped over to Cloudy Nights and read the discussions and they seem quit positive.

It appears that initially Celestron had some issues with thier own in house app but since they have released the 'SyPortal' app which they developed with 'Sky Safari' all is going well.

Regards,

Benno

Archived