Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Hello from Arizona!

roka

Hello all,

I'm on a couple of other astronomy forums and decided to join SGL too. I'm not too sure if most folks stick to one or do like I'm doing and join several. I've been asking a lot of questions so if you're on another forum please bear with me and my redundancy.  :laugh:

I'm mostly interested in astrophotography. I currently have an iOptron SkyTracker and am starting to get some decent results with it and my Canon and Sony equipment. I'm looking to upgrade to equipment that will allow me to take longer exposures with guiding. So I'm asking lots of questions about different equipment.

Looking forward to being part of the community!

Welcome to SGL from over in France. There are a few members from AZ and the US forum around here, but the guys are a very friendly and open minded bunch, so don't worry about finding 'stuffed shirts', ask a question and you will receive help.

Thank you all for the kind welcome messages!

I'm located on the very eastern edge of the Phoenix metro area. The sky at my condo isn't great but it's better than closer in to the population centers. What I am blessed with is living just a couple of miles from the Tonto National Forest. I can drive 15 minutes and be under MUCH darker skies than at my condo. We've had a lot of cloudy weather lately which is probably my fault for getting into AP  :grin: 

I'll try posting some of my early efforts soon. 

Hi Roka and welcome to SGL, Astrophotography is not my cup of tea, Coffee in your neck of the globe :) Most of our imagers do, however, posses a copy of a very informative book, written on the subject, by Astrophotographer Steve Richards, endorsed by the late Patrick Moore. If you wish to avail yourself of a copy, which is not obtainable through usual book outlets, try here... http://www.skyatnightimages.co.uk good luck with your future imaging :)

Archived