Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Jupiter 23.01.15 from Somerset.

theo

It's been a real struggle to get anything decent from night after night of below par seeing. This session didn't look like it was going to be much better as the live view was not great but conditions can change quickly sometimes so I'm never one for giving in straight away!!

I captured around 6 RGB sets and as it turned out the best seems to have been the initial run. I have found the seeing difficult to work out these last few months, as I mention the live view was not great with this (I have had better live views but where the final sharpened stacks have not produced at all). All in all I have to be pleased to get some decent detail on this image. I was thinking for a good while that my last posted image of old Jove from November might be it for this apparition!! 

Pete

post-22012-0-17142600-1422573864.png

I have also been confused by the live view. Where what looks like less fast jet stream, has produced worse images ? if that's what you also have experienced.

There is some good detail in the image. I have come to expect great things from you Pete. And I know seeing is not good for you when your images are not  at the highest level. I can see your seeing is not giving you want you want. Its a common theme amongst us isn't it. But At least what you are getting, is still of the highest standard. And that's something we should be mindful of.

Great detail with the disturbed seeing Pete.

Thanks James.

Cheers Neil. It was a tricky process also. As we know the best data is normally fairly straightforward to work with in comparison.

I'm still hopeful of better seeing once January is out of the way, early February would be nice :-)

Pete

Very encouraging result Pete, good levels of detail and the usual deft touch on processing. Interesting comments on the live preview - I think we can all relate to this!

Conditions seem to be a little up at the moment, with surface winds being the primary spoiler for me. Hopefully we will get some remission next week!

Cheers Paul.

Can't say I'm that happy with the image though it's the best the seeing will allow at the moment. It's a bit noisier than how I would normally process good data also.

Pete

Archived