Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

This is my 1st Jupiter image with any detail visible

stepping beyond

I received the" Black Widow" Orion 8 in. newt. astrograph to use with  my lxd55/SSUEll, 2x barlow on the 13th and by the 24th she had an imagpost-39008-0-78859700-1422560313.jpge of Jupiter. It's just a start for this 1 handed  disabled astronomer and believe mpost-39008-0-42777800-1422560353.jpge "I was so excited beyond words" . I've got balancing ,collimation and focus to work on, rings for my" Widow Maker" 80mm and waiting on the 505 to arrive so I don't have to keep using  the autostar HBX Controller {guide and camera} on the laptop . Freeware processing Psxpress , Photopad and color to bring the bands out which pretty much ruined it. All advice welcomed

Nice one, it's great when everything works out.

As mentioned in your other thread Stepping Beyong, maybe a short 30 second video next, process and stacked :smiley: ? You should see a noticeable diffence with some more detail coming through. I haven't got to that stage yet myself but I'm working on it.

That's an improvement on your first post. As said, a short AVI stacked in AS!2 and adjusted in Registax6 would make a real difference if you want to give that a go. Don't worry too much about balance and tracking at this stage as long as you can keep it on the chip for 30secs+ it doesn't matter if it drifts a bit.

AD, my last night out before the" BIG FREEZE" 1 in. sleet and for the next 5 days teens and single digits @ night, I tried using the T510NG without a 2x and though I saw the image scale I was looking for @150-200%, Toupview grabbed it as a Tiny white disc and was a waste of time. I've decided to go with the  TV 3x barlow and get it done.

Arh, I couldn't stand those temperatures...

It seems to be a steep learning curve for us all SB. I haven't attempted any AP for a while now, until I sort my gear out and get the urge again. Everythings on the back burner while I re-evaluate my next move and give away more $'s.

DR Hamzonian , that is an impressive image of Jupiter "avatar". You've got the color banding and GRS. I need too take pointers , that's why I post these images. So far I've got to take videos, collimation dead on, focus focus focus and if I'm forgetting any feel free to tell.

Archived