Hi, from the Isle of Wight

Stuart_S

Thought i'd better pop in here and say hi!

Based on the Isle of Wight, UK, i'm just starting back up with star gazing after around a 20 year break.

Started with the Messier list back then and got half way with a Tal-1 which, at the time, was a great starter scope.  Now, well after picking up a used Celestron Nexstar 130slt for £150, including a full set of Celestron eyepieces in a case worth the same, i'm enjoying the views again and determined to tick a few more off on the list!

Having said that, being a professional photographer, I can see myself quickly spending a small fortune for a DSI setup!

Hi Stuart,

Welcome to SGL from me as well - out in deepest Bembridge.   We're blessed with some great skies down here, so good luck with your new scope and the messier list.

Don't forget the IOW Star Party @ Brightstone 19th - 23rd March - details at www.iowstarparty.org.uk

Jake

Hi and welcome to SGL - DSO imaging is very different to daytime photography for sure, if you think you may be tempted then get hold of a copy of 'Making Every Photon Count' available from the book section of the FLO website. Something of an imagers bible it will really help you understand what you need and why. Sadly it's not as easy as putting a camera on the back of a scope ...... I bet we've all fallen foul of that idea..... I know I did :D

Look forward to seeing you around :)

Hi Stuart,

Welcome to SGL from me as well - out in deepest Bembridge.   We're blessed with some great skies down here, so good luck with your new scope and the messier list.

Don't forget the IOW Star Party @ Brightstone 19th - 23rd March - details at www.iowstarparty.org.uk

Jake

Thanks Jake, I shall try and get along!  Is this organised by VAS?  Used to be a member many moons ago.

Hi Stuart and welcome to SGL, if you want to extend into imaging, your photographic experience should be a distinct advantage, however, you do need to have your pockets deepened :)

I'm already looking at along list of new toys!

Archived