Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Newbie to the skies!

Willow1

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Welcome to SGL Max  :smiley: .

Go for a Dobsonian scope you get far better aperture  & value  for your money?, Always Buy from any good astronomy sight like FLO always,  You won't get ripped of by them???.    

Welcome to SGL. I would also agree with Ian J and laudropb. The mounts can lead to a lot of frustration in the most inexpensive scopes. I would spend some time learning the sky and hold out for a better scope probably 4 1/2 to 6 inch newtonian. Good luck!

Ok, so I've been taking heed of your advice, and rather than spending my hard earned cash on something that may not do me long term, I'm very interested in your opinions on these as a starting point in astronomy ( I can always upgrade to a telescope at a later date ):

http://www.celestron.uk.com/productinfo.php/skymaster_15x70/binoculars/skymaster/3133

I think one or two people have mentioned them already. They seem to get such good reviews but could I ask, what is the difference between 15x70 & 25x70 and which would you say is the better binocular for space viewing?

I have a book on order which hopefully will answer a lot of question ( so that I don't have to keep asking them on here! :) )

Thank you,

Max

Archived