Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

TeamViewer 10 - Can it be used without internet connection?

Photosbykev

On 27/01/2015 at 12:32, Photosbykev said:

I'm trying to connect my laptop (win7) to a tablet (win8.1) so I can use TeamViewer to remote control the tablet from the laptop. I can get the connection and remote the tablet in the house because they will link via the home wifi  router which does have internet access and dchp to allocate IP addresses.

If I try to the same thing out in the field where there is zero internet and I'm only using the wifi adaptors on the laptop and tablet they won't connect even if I select Use Lan connections exclusively.

Is this type of remote control actually possible? or am I wasting my time trying to remote control the tablet from the laptop in this situation? If it is possible please "Help !" :)

Yes -- you can use teamviewer without connecting thru the internet.  I have done many times. You don't need an internet connection and you use a router to connect via cable or wifi thru the router. You just need to  set up and allow incoming Lan , set up removte access, and get the ip address of the computer you are connecting to.   at the cmd prompt as admin--   enter in  ...     ipconfig /all
there you will see your IP address of that computer, typically   192.168,254.xxx  or 192.168.1.xxx  regardless, it will the ipv4 address. Enter that in the user name for the remote computer instead of 555 666 777 which teamveiwer normally gives you for the computer.   click connect and you will be prompted for password. 

Edited by Software_101
was not done typing. premature submission

• 1 year later...

Without internet, you cannot access computers or mobile devices. You need to have internet access for the same. You can use tools like on premise R-HUB remote support servers for remotely accessing your computers and mobile devices from anywhere anytime. It works on all platforms viz Windows, MAC, Android, iOS etc.

44 minutes ago, Adelar Kranz said:

Without internet, you cannot access computers or mobile devices. You need to have internet access for the same.

From Teamviewer support:

"When connecting to another device within your LAN you can enter the IP address of the remote device into the Partner ID field on your TeamViewer client in order to connect via LAN. Click on Connect to partner, and enter the remote computer’s TeamViewer password when prompted. Now you are connected to the remote computer directly over the LAN, without using the internet."

https://community.teamviewer.com/t5/Knowledge-Base-EN/Can-TeamViewer-be-used-within-a-local-network-LAN-only/ta-p/4618

Christer, Sweden