SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Wireless 12v charger

Earl

1 hour ago, mhard26339 said:

Decision made, with the item out of stock in the UK I have ordered one from the US to make sure I can play when I get back to UK. Re interference, in my case I only intend to use it with the dome in the parked position for battery charging so no imaging problems as it will also be switched off when the job is done. The battery charger will be connected via the APC 7920 and will be switched on/off remotely when not in use ie from December to October, I only get this problem in November, at other times I will continue to use the solar!!

Belt and braces, the brackets will also be designed and made to carry the slips and brushes just in case, research tells me that the air gap between the coils, for a 13V output should be 1mm, we will have to see how achievable that is on the dome. I also have fears about how an auto sensing battery charger will react, but as I said earlier, at that price worth a punt. I will let you know how I get on, probably in January.

Regards

Mike

Don't forget to post photos of the install when you do the work.  Regardless of the outcome, it will be useful for people to see how it it's put together so that people can copy if it works, or suggest improvements if it doesn't ;-)

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, cjdawson said:

Don't forget to post photos of the install when you do the work.  Regardless of the outcome, it will be useful for people to see how it it's put together so that people can copy if it works, or suggest improvements if it doesn't ;-)

OK CJ, Will do

Regards

Mike

Archived