Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

sgl_imaging_challenge_banner_dslr_mirrorlesss_winners.thumb.jpg.9deb4a8db27e7485a7bb99d98667c94e.jpg

Sully

CCTV Images

I didn't really know where to put this question so its ended up here and not very Astronomical, Sorry.

Does anyone know how i can stack CCTV images so i can read the Reg plate of the van of the guy that stole my sons bike? Can i do it with registax what do i have to convert it too?

Yes - you can, you want to drizzle it to recover detail.

Any planetary stacker would work .

in fact i'd be interested in having a go. what format is it in? An AVI or just a series of BMPs or TIFs or PNGs would be great. But maybe another format too.

I have two AVI files in 30min segments, from 2 different cameras, but im struggling to get them down to a manageable portion, the 2mins in question.  Registax wont load them for some reason, I take it that its because of the size, what do you reckon i should use to edit down to the 2min required? by all means you can have a go if I can get it down to a manageable size.

sorry to keep harping on about this, but how can i convert wImp file to AVI to enable me to import to registax? can it be done?

Do you mean WLMP file or WIMP file as posted?  if the former yes you can, lots of software about that can do it

No its windows movie maker file, bit of a nuisance to convert but i've managed to get to AVi now but registax still wont take it?

Have you tried putting it through PIPP first , incidentally I believe that images from lower quality CCTV cameras are easier to recreate detail from than HD images.

There's also a video editor used by folks on here but the name escapes me ATM, something like Vdub ?

Dave

Edited by Davey-T