Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

sgl_imaging_challenge_banner_terminator_challenge_winners.thumb.jpg.6becf44442bc7105be59da91b2bee295.jpg

Bugfly

How do you bring colour out

I am using 8inch Dobson telescope how do you see in colour or is it that you have to stack the pictures with regstack to get the colour when I look at Jupiter I see black and white I will buy a camera at some time to do proper pictures

Our eyes are not very sensitive to colour at night time but Jupiter is very bright so you should still be able to see some colour in the two bands across the centre of the planet. Deep sky objects on the other had rarely show any colour to observers. Colour in deep sky objects is released by capturing several images and stacking them as you suggest followed by a little post processing.

• Like 1

Our eyes are not very sensitive to colour at night time but Jupiter is very bright so you should still be able to see some colour in the two bands across the centre of the planet. Deep sky objects on the other had rarely show any colour to observers. Colour in deep sky objects is released by capturing several images and stacking them as you suggest followed by a little post processing.

thank you