2 Months of cloud cover?!

uhb1966

I just wanted to know whether i am the only guy who had no visibility in the last 2 months?! The sky here in central Germany has been absolutely terrible! I have not been able to test all the gear i bought in November?!

I just wanted to know whether i am the only guy who had no visibility in the last 2 months?! The sky here in central Germany has been absolutely terrible! I have not been able to test all the gear i bought in November?!

Not much better here. I do note, however, that you appear to be at the heart of this phenomenon. It must be all the gear you bought in November :D

No, Not much better here on the East coast, had one clear night last Friday and that has been it. I too am itching to get to grips with my new kit.

Actually i also bought my gear in the middle of november and i come from northern bavaria (so close to where the TO comes from). Needless to say that my situation is the same. If i hadn`t been on a short trip in the alps during christmas holidays (with equipment) i probably wouldn`t even know if my stuff is working. Let`s pray for better times (or move to australia).

Well, after writing this rant i had a beautiful night with 6 hours of light... but when I came in at 0130, my wife told me 'now i'm no longer in the mood'... guess you can't have it all!!

Yes, I was wondering if it was all worth it, as it seems I wasn't out properly in ages. Then in the last 2 weeks I've been out 3 or 4 times. The clouds even cleared this morning and got the triple transit of jupiter with Callisto transiting also. Feeling very pleased at the moment[emoji4]

Barry

I thought it was only us Brits who suffered since "we are an island" and "the jetstream blah, blah"...

Globally the weather is a bit "unsettled" at the minute, not everywhere, but it is certainly not as calm as it was a few years ago.

It may sound cruel, but it actually makes me feel a bit better that it isn't "just us". Hopefully it clears for all of us and we can all get out and do what we like to do...until then we will spend, spend, spend.....

Keep at it, it will clear eventually!

Archived