Narrowband

Hi from Herefordshire

dslrastro

Hi all, this is not my first post to the forum but from the replies I have received today from members, I think it certainly is a great forum to be a part of. 

My name is Steve and I live in a very rural area of Herefordshire with some amazing skies. 

I was a professional photographer for many years, weddings, portraits and selling landscape prints of the local area until I suffered a spinal injury, which soon put pay to that.

After a few months of being in a wheelchair and trying to get used to a ridiculous amount of medication, I soon found that photography was something that soon bored me from the garden which was about as far as I could manage.

I purchased an 8" Dob and enjoyed it for the few weeks until I realised that  although observing was great, I really wanted to see the galaxies, nebula and star clusters just like I had seen in the Astro Publications and Flickr and so on. 

I purchased a EQ5 Pro with a 8" Newt Reflector and my imaging obsession begun. Since then I have purchased many other scopes, camers and CCD's and so on. I am still not the best at imaging and processing, but I am gradually getting better.

I have started to get interested in DSLR astrophotography which is another form of astrophotography when I suppose I should really learn a little more about processing anyway, but that is just how it goes.

Spent too much money, time, effort and patience, but still I am obsessed with the hobby and feel I need to learn as much as possible as quick as possible, which I think is probably my downfall if the truth be told. 

Looking forward to making some new friends, learning from other members and hopefully meeting some of you at the next SGLX.

Thanks to those that have already assisted me with a few issues I have had since joining the forum, I hope that maybe one day I will be in a position to help someone.

Thanks again

Steve

Hi Steve and welcome to SGL - If you are interested in DSO imaging then get hold of a copy of 'Making Every Photon Count' available in the book section of the FLO website. It is something of an imagers bible and will really help you.

Look forward to seeing you around :)

Hi Steve and welcome to SGL - If you are interested in DSO imaging then get hold of a copy of 'Making Every Photon Count' available in the book section of the FLO website. It is something of an imagers bible and will really help you.

Look forward to seeing you around :)

Many thanks Swag72, I will take a look at that. Thanks for the tip :)

Steve

Archived