Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

turn left at orion, fantastic

Hello there,

If like me you are new to astronomy i highly recommendTLAO as one of your first books.

i have had this book less than 2 weeks and it has already helped me looking for objects in the night sky. As with my goto on my scope i can now be confident i am observing the correct object!

It is filled my diagrams on night sky objects and simple steps to find each.

to be honest when it arrived, i didnt expect a text book style publication, but im glad it is and it was 22.50 well spent.

A great book and handy to help plan an evening under the stars being split into seasons.

Another book I can endorse is "Deep Sky Observer's Guide" by Neil Bone. Nice pocket size. The Works have been offering it for around a fiver recently which is where I purchased my copy.

Good luck and clear skies.

Good book too I have it and great to get you into a great hobby. Realistic image's of what you will actually see too not just plastered with hubble image's like many others.

I quickly moved onto star charts and the lust for bigger aperture for more detail

In fact it's a very dangerous book and should come with a health (and wealth) warning!!

Damian

As a complementary/ follow on book I can thoroughly reccommend 'The illustrated guide to astronomical wonders' by Robert Bruce Thompson and Barbara Fritchman Thompson. Not to detract from TLAO, it's a great book to start with.

I would certainly endorse this book, as a follow on from the very excellent TL@O. Very extensive paperback and reasonably priced for just over 500pp, deals with each Constellation and how to find the notable things to observe, with diagrams and finder charts for each subject. For those who may want to consider it as a starter book, it has so much material, it could be the the only one you will use, for some very considerable time to come :)

Archived