New member here

tangoDelta

Hello everyone.  I've always been fascinated with the universe and my wife recently gave me a telescope as a gift.  It's an Orion StarBlast 4.5.

Tonight was my first opportunity to put it to use and I had a great time.  I was able to see the moons around Jupiter but not much other than that.  Hopefully with more experience and more research I'll be able to observe some other objects.

I used the 17mm and 6mm eyepieces and didn't really notice a difference between the two while observing Jupiter. 

Hi TangoDelta and welcome to the forum. You might want to read some information here regarding magnification and eyepieces which of course provide differing results depending on the scope used. Please don't hesitate to ask any questions under the relevant section when the need arises as we are here to help you get up and running - in the cosmic scheme of things we are all beginners really!  :grin:

Clear skies and hope you enjoy your stay here.

Thank you everyone.

@Glowjet, I have been using Stellarium for a few weeks and love that program.  I've already planned out what I want to see for the next few months, as long as the weather and my work schedule cooperate.

A friendly and helpful community such as this one sure does make this task much less daunting!

Archived