Banner.jpg.39bf5bb2e6bf87794d3e2a4b88f26f1b.jpg

Handset for HEQ5 - advice please

chris_suffolk

I've an HEQ5 which runs via EQMOD on a laptop with cable plugged into the handset port on the mount (USB on the PC)

I'd like to get a handset - about £150 + cable on the Net to use without the need for a PC

I think I have the correct motors and boards in the mount - else EQMOD wouldn't work is that right? Since EQMOD does work, does that mean a handset will work too, or is there more too it than that, something else I need to check to be sure?

Any advice /  help welcomed

Chris

I got a new kit for a Heq5 mount , its have new board, motors, hand set, ect in the box this was to make the Heq5 into a goto mount, So is your mount a goto if not you want  all this. for it to work  phone FLO and ask I think I am right.

Edited by Starlight 1

so far as I know it was upgraded, except for the handset.

Not sure how to tell though, hence the thread. If I point to a star in Carte du Ceil, and tell it to slew, it goes right there, controlled via EQMOD. My understanding is that EQMOD takes the place of the handset, but trying to check - again hence the thread.

Is the board a certain colour, gears look different. anything that would tell me it has the right bits to take the handset?

Chris

Chris, I can post you my spare handset and lead for the heq5 if you would like to check?

Just cover postage if your interested. Postage would be £4.30 (first class signed for).

PM me if your interested.