Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

new binoculars

Hi all I'm made up my new binoculars have arrived & also the telescopic stand & L bracket to go with it , I'm over the moon I didn't know how to focus it properly until I read the instructions that came with it. Now I'm ready to observe the night sky along with my telescope, along with the original ep's that I bought when I got my telescope in 2011. The name of my binoculars are revelation 15x70 porro prism binoculars from bresser uk Ltd. So has anyone heard of this company and what do you think of the binoculars for looking at stars , planets and constellations a bit of feedback would be most welcome thanx jimmy :-) :-)

I have the Celestron 15x70's which compare very similar to the Revelations's in reports I've seen in the astro press. I've also tried them both side by side and there's next to no difference. Neither are top of the range, but both still good quality bins and I'd be happy with either. Have a look at Andromeda (M31) with them from a very dark site - you'll be impressed. Bright nebulae and clusters (open and closed) look good too as well as constellations, but you'll not get any detail on planets - Jupiter for instance is a bright dot surrounded by 4 small dots. They are good for low power wide field views and for learning your way round the sky.  Bresser are a good optics company too so I don't think you've done yourself any disservice at all. Congrats :)

(Oh - they work very well on the moon too).

The name of my binoculars are revelation 15x70 porro prism binoculars from bresser uk Ltd.

So has anyone heard of this company and what do you think of the binoculars for looking at stars , planets and constellations

a bit of feedback would be most welcome thanx jimmy :-) :-)

A 15x70 will show you its best performance when you mount it on a tripod.

Binoculars are not the greatest for planets because of their low magnification. 

Stan

I had a pair of Omegon 15x70s which like your Revelation and the Celestron Skymaster 15x70 are BA-1 types from United Optics. They are sold under many different brand names. I had mine for years, and took them to places like Australia and South Africa, where they gave me stunning views of the southern skies. Due to internal baffles they may only be 15x64mm or so, but if well collimated they are nice bins that get a lot of people hooked on binocular astronomy without breaking the bank. It was in fact the amount these bins got that prompted me to a more expensive BA-8 type (second-hand Helios Apollo). The moment I got them, the bridge of the old Omegons broke. I still have a pair of BA-1s (TS branded) for the kids. My eldest was the first of the family to spot comet Panstarrs a year or two ago with those bins.

Your Revelations will be perfect for comet Lovejoy

• 2 weeks later...

Thanx to everyone for the thumbs up on my new binoculars you really have put my mind to rest. So far I've looked at the moon, Jupiter ( you were right about Jupiter just a really bright blob) but what I'm really looking forward to is the Andromeda galaxy it's my favorite thing in the sky along with Pleiades. So all in all a great birthday gift bought by my wife ,also got the telescopic pole & g bracket which are incredibly versatile whilst looking up for any length of Time I would just like to say a great big thanx once again to all the great people on here I wouldn't know were I'd be without you all. Cheers and clear skies always Jimmy :-)

Archived