SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

New street lights in my area

mark RD

Just wanted to say a big thank you ( not ) to the St Neots Town Council for put up new street lights in the area. The new lights stand about 10 ft taller then the old ones and produce the dreaded white light. Ok there is a few less of them but this has made it harder to see in the streets. But worst of all for me is I have no dark spot in my garden anymore plus also light polution is now much worse.

My garden has more light pollution when theres no foilage on the trees during Winter, so to create a darker environment, I now use a small utility tent from Go Outdoors. I over cover with an extra ground sheet, and Im still re-designing the front aperture slit, to poke my Skyliner through with its two finders, without my head poking out? If I avoid direct vision, conditions seem to improve for me.

Archived