Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Tak LE?

Fozzie

Morning,

I keep coming across the 7.5mm on astro buy sell and I think it would fit nicely between the 6mm & 9mm SLV (wish there was a 7 & 8mm SLV BTW)

However I can find very very little info on the performance of what is a £200+ ep new, other than a few threads on CN.

Anyone used or had any experience with this EP?

Ta

Fozzie

Nothing wrong with the 7.5mm LE.  Its well constructed, sharp to the edge, shows a lovely natural color / tone.  Second hand they are a bargain, I personally see nothing to dislike other than the £200 Uk price (not that you can get one now).  The user opinions on the LE's are mixed but some regard the 7.5mm as one of the best planetary EP's.   I use mine in my 3 scopes and love it in all of them.   

Hi Fozzie

Tak LE's are great eps, much better than TV plossls IMHO ( as they should be given their price!).

I think their contrast and natural colour rendition are hard to beat and the light transmission is also excellent:-)

Also I think the fov is slightly wider than TV plossls, I'd say my 18mms are c 53-54 degrees.

Lastly they have better eye relief..LE equals Long Eye relief..

Dave

Archived