Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Anyone familiar with AstroCap

Aeseir

Looking for a helping hand around AstroCap software for image capture.

I am having a world of pain with it and was hoping anyone that has experience with it can point me to some tutorials or provide advice here.

Much appreciated.

Problem with Sharpcap is that while it connects to the Orion Pro Mono camera it doesn't give all the options you would need e.g. gain, exposure, gamma etc.

Firecapture i haven't tried as first glance it didn't seem compatible with the camera.

I'm using StarShoot Autoguider Pro Mono Astrophotography CCD is http://www.telescope.com/Orion-StarShoot-AutoGuider-Pro-Mono-Astrophotography-Camera/p/106545.uts

I will also try with different camera, and machine as well just make sure i get everything tested.

Worst case scenario i'll recreate the Jupiter profile, as that is the only faulty one. Weird.

Anyways thanks very much for your help mate, it is appreciated.

Awesome, thanks mate. I tried their main site but couldn't find anything.

Also figured out the Jupiter profile issue, it seems like the program crashes when you select Jupiter profile with webcam. It doesn't crash with other cams tho. So seems like program limitation.

I tried on multiple machines, unfortunately even after installing the QHY5-II drivers on both W7 and W8.1 machine Firecapture still couldn't detect the camera. Will have to look for other software by looks of it.

Archived