Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Bromsgrove Astronomical Society - Astronomy Night [16/02/15]

In support of this years BBC Stargazing Live, Bromsgrove Astronomical Society (BASOC) is hosting an Astronomy Night Open Evening on Monday 16th Feb 2015

Doors open 7pm

Venue : Bromsgrove Rugby Club, Finstall Park, Bromsgrove, B60 3DH

• Astronomy Exhibition including Deep Sky & Planetary imaging demonstrations with visual astronomy observing tips.
  • 'Bromsgrove Astronomical Society' introduction by Rob Januszewski
  • 'Getting Started in Astronomy' talk by Sue Dipple

BASOC members will be on hand to answer any questions and provide a wide range of equipment to observe the night sky, weather permitting.

Refreshments available, free admission, all welcome.

More information about BASOC and this Astronomy Night at our website ; http://www.broms-astro.co.uk

If you have any questions feel free to ask.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi To All at Bromsgrove, Just a Big, Big Thank You to all that helped plan and run the Event at the Rugby Club last night - I arrived quite early, the sky was lovely and clear, but then the clouds rolled in, just got a glimpse of the ISS, but cleared again later - a really good turn out.

Traveled from home to see if the skies are any better than I have, much darker sky with many more stars visible naked eye, there were quite a few scopes set up outside- had a look through the big club dob - very nice - spotted the shadow transit on Jupiter around eight - ish, had a chat with Chris and Doug and looked through Chris's six inch and Doug's four inch - really nice, asked if I could have a look at M1 through the dob - way brighter than from home and at F5 to!

Really great night - Pass my Thanks on to all - as soon as I walked through the door there was a massive Frac staring me right in the face - would have loved to have had a look through that monster!!

Thanks again for a great night and clear DARK skies to All.

Paul.

Archived