Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

ZWO ASI120mm usb2.0 with Linux?

Gasman

Hi

Want to replace the ccd on my spectro guide module and looking at one of these camera`s as the Ekos site says they have indi drivers for it and wondering if anyone has tried these ccd`s with Linux please? 365astronomy web site is saying they have them in stock!

cheers

Steve

No idea but before you jump the ZWO is I believe a cmos not a ccd.

Nice camera but it is not as either you describe or believe it to be.

Could be a simple typo or just wrong thought at the time but seems fair/best to let you know, rather you were not disappointed after making a purchase.

Thanks chaps.

Ronin forgive the use of the word `ccd` generally regarding this particular application. The ccd/cmos/camera connects to the guide module of my spectroscope and its sole use is just to see where a star is in relation to the slit in the field of view so no cooling etc needed just maybe long exposure facility upto 5mins or so and bright enough to make out stars of say mag 10-12!.

Cheers for that James, I know they provide drivers but unless someone has actually used them :tongue:   I didn`t want to pay £200+ for a camera/ccd/cmos only to find it doesn`t work in Linux!

best

Steve

Just a quick question James please! Can you tell me when you remove the supplied cctv lens is it a `C` type thread ?. That would be the icing on the cake if so as my guide modiue has a male C fitting!

cheers

Steve

It is.  The case is actually quite well thought out.  The outside of the front flange fits a 2" focuser, the inside apparently fits a T2 thread and then there's a T2 to C thread converter into which the CCTV lens (might be CS rather than C, but that's just a matter of backfocus as I understand it, and converting CS to C just requires a spacer I think).

James

Archived