SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Is it worth it?

Shelster1973

PixInsight that is....

Just checking and at todays exchange rate it works out at £214, which is a fair whack of money.

Is it a 'one stop shop' where you can carry out all stacking, pre and post processing? and would I see any discernable difference than using DSS and PS which I use at present?

Realise that the learning curve consists of two points which are on top of each other, but it appears that this is the main tool a lot of people use to achieve some very great results (obviously with very great data to throw into it)

PixInsight that is....

Just checking and at todays exchange rate it works out at £214, which is a fair whack of money.

The price is currently £182 (230 euros). Still a fair whack, but worth it IMHO. My trial period ends at the end of January and I will be buying the commercial licence.

Regards

John

I use PI for calibration and post processing and I do like it - Works very well. I have recently found that I have no need for DBE with my current kit and so it gets used now for virtually nil in the processing department. 

If I was in the market now, with what I know now, I'd probably not buy it. I'd be looking around for a good programme that calibrates data with flats, darks and bias and that would be that. 

Archived