SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

having trouble with my telescope

Can anyone help me please. I'm new to this site. I got my first telescope for Xmas. Its an dynasun 76x700 reflector and I can see the moon no trouble but when I go to look at a planet I can't seen to get it right all I get his a white dot and that's it can any help me with this please x

what planet are you looking at?..it could be that you are looking at a star. Jupiter is in good view so you would see that plus a few of her moons around it..or if you are up early/late enough venus and mercury.

wee question, does the white dot have a halo around it? if so then its just a question of focus

Jason, check out the answers to your enquiry here and if you have any more problems or questions, please don't hesitate in getting back. Astronomy and finding one's self around the night sky is a very daunting experience at first and there's no need to feel alone while dealing with these complexities. Welcome to SGL and I look foward to meeting you on the boards :smiley: 

Archived