Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Babadag Mountain!!!

Im off to Oludeniz, Turkuy... at the start of July. Whilst there, me and me eldest daughter are off paragliding from this mountain. So upon watching some Youtube vids of this its easy to see that the take off area would be an awesome dark site and im wondering about spending some of me spendo early on the table top Skywatcher 90 Muskatov. Would this be a wise choice are would a simple pair of 10x50 binos be the better choice.

The biggest problem id imagine would be getting up there .

We stayed there a couple of years ago , yes getting up the mountain to paraglide is easy as the para companies run their own 4x4 's but I not sure if I would fancy a trip in the dark , think Boulder strewn farm track.

I think it would be easier to sit on the beach with a cold beer just staring out over the sea , the horizon view wasn't too bad ;)

I did think about the night journey. On one of the vids i saw, it didnt look like the side of the mountain road had safety rails but thought that a local dolmus driver might be crazy enough try the trip. Or go at dusk and stay untill morning! The misses and kids might not like that idea though. So i think i might stick to what you suggested and find a dark corner of the laggoon. Cant wait to go though. Only ever been abroad once before to Majorca. Thanks for the advice kai.

We stayed in Oludeniz last year and my fiancé also did the paragliding. One thing she mentioned was despite the calm conditions at sea level it was pretty windy at the take off site. This was very evident on the DVD audio actually. That won't be good, especially in the dark!

It's worth pointing out that there's a guy with a 12" Dob who stations himself at the end of the Promenade and charges a small amount for a 5 minute go. In fact I had a look at Saturn through it.

Lovely place for a holiday by the way.

James

Ive seen pictures on google of that guy with the dob. I will look out for him whilst im there. I never thought about the windy conditions. So its settked in my head.... a pair of binos then and a walk up to lagoon at night it is.

We're staying at Hotel Karbel. The misses is on a thing on facebook and everyone on there too say that its a lovely place. I keep havin a look at the live webcam feed from buzz beach bar on the sea front and it looks great

My parents love the place so much they've been 5 times in 4 years. Buzz Bar is nice, I found myself doing the same thing as you watching the webcam before we went. One word of warning, the para gliders land on the promenade and it's not unusual to see people scrambling to avoid them as they touch down. We saw a couple of crash landings when were there but nothing too serious fortunately. The lagoon is on a nature reserve so I'm not sure it's accessible at night because they charge you to enter. You can access the farthest part without paying but that's a bit of a longer walk if I remember rightly. The beach is a bit away from the lights of all the bars and restaurants though so if you take your bino's down there you will hopefully get a decent view.

Thanks for the info. Were guna fone family whilst there and do the same thing over the webcam.

Yeah.. last summer i saw on the web cam some of the gliders landing and people moving. Ive still got to do it though!!! Hopefully we will be ok and accident free.

And its good to hear that people love it that much much to return, especially again and again!!! We fly out on 2nd July and ive got my snorkel already.

Archived