Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Flame and Horsehead Nebula

Craigyboy3542

I am a VERY happy man :grin: my first ever attempt at the Flame and Horsehead Nebula, the Horsehead Nebula was one of the first DSO images i ever saw i never thought i would be able to capture it myself :) I know there a much better images and i hope to get better but not bad for a first go :)

Canon 70D (not modded)

15x90 sec exp - (Plus just darks added at the moment will take flats in the morning)

HEQ5 (unguided)

ISO - 1000

Stacked in Nebulosity with a little processing then finished in Lightroom

post-34892-0-85416300-1421494220_thumb.j

Great natural shot. Very useful for me as I have been trying to unravel the Flame nebula visually. The light processing means that now I can pinpoint the parts that I can see vs the parts that I can't.

Thanks

Paul

Great natural shot. Very useful for me as I have been trying to unravel the Flame nebula visually. The light processing means that now I can pinpoint the parts that I can see vs the parts that I can't.

Thanks

Paul

I am glad it help :) makes me feel even better about the picture now :) 

Craig

Congrats!! You must have been ecstatic. Take some bias frames as well, it makes a big difference. Set the camera up as you would for the dark frames and shoot images with the fastest shutter speed your camera will do, same ISO etc. Take 20 plus ... the more the better.

Archived