Narrowband

Housten we have a problem....

f15p5

Well, first clear night in a over a week, set up, put in new X2c and I could not get a focus. stuck in eyepiece, perfect focus, stuck in ASI120mc, perfect focus. This is what I get. I even tried rotating unit but no changing in orientation. Unit has been kept in case, always covered, worked perfect last week. Help! Any idea's?????

post-40780-0-94177700-1421474642.png

From the looks of the screenshot you are in focus / alignment / framing mode so stacking does not take place in that mode (neither does any dark subtraction).

How do you attach the X2C to the scope? I put mine in a 1.25" to 2" adapter eyepiece adapter, and depending how deep you seat the Lodestar alters the focus point. If you use a similar system maybe you seated the Lodestar differently in the adapter (I am just guessing).

Its strange how the image of the star is smudged - is that because a long exposure was selected whilst you were altering focus?

Did the same as last time. Stacking not on. I stick it in a 1.25" to 2" adapter. I tried sliding it in and out, no change. took filter off, no change. Spent 4 hours trying to figure it out. tried several different adapters, 3 different diagonals, no change.  Could unit have gone bad all ready? Or do I need to delete v0.10 and 0.11 and reinstall 0.11 only? I think it's a problem with the camera. I went inside, inspected chip at 8x, still looks brand new, clean as a whistle. No marks on it etc. I can go to other camera, works perfect. Am at a total loss.

Richard,

Is the exposure bar running?  If not, that means the camera is not connected properly.

If you quit the program and try again, does the same image come back?  What happens if you try it in the image acquisition mode?  Is this 0.11?  Did you try 0.10? I have both installed and don't have any issues.

Don

Hi Don & Paul,

Exposure was running, tried in all versions, all modes, same image. It's almost like the chip is not square or tilted, but if that was the case when rotated it would rotate? it does not. It stays horizontal but moves around. Also is the same on each side of focus. Really got me stumped.

Richard

Richard,

The only thing I can think of right now is to make sure the camera is working by connecting it without the scope in daylight and covering your hand over it to see if it darkens. Does the image you see go in and out of focus as you focus the scope? If it does, that means it's something produced by the scope in front of the focuser. Let us know if you find anything.

Don

Richard,

I went to Capella last night to check alignment. It does cause a lot of weird reflections if you're not right on it. What focal length were you using? If it's a narrow FOV, you might be close to it, but not on it. When I was on Capella last night it was big and bright, but it was round.

Hope we can figure this out.

Don

Hi Don,

Tried again last night on Polaris, same results. Tried using my AP 2" diagonal. Centered star first using 6mm TMB UHC eyepiece. Slid unit in and out of adapter, rotated etc. Used LL v 0.10. :sad:

Did you buy the LS from Starizona? Perhaps you should call them to see if you can get it checked out. Otherwise, you may have to send it to SX. It should still be under warranty.

One last thing. Why don't you try the SX software?

Don

Hi Don, I talked to them yesterday, sent them a picture. They want a fit file so will try to get them one of it. Will try SX software tonight if clear.

Hi Nick, when not in scope with cap off when I put cap on it stays for a second or so, then turns black. Will try in scope tonight.

I might have a $600 paper weight :sad:

Hi Don,

Same results tonight, after 20 minutes though camera died. Light is still on but nothing. Took it out of telescope held it up to bright computer screen, pitch black. So I am packing it up and sending it back to starizona, I think they should deal with it not me. Been less than 15 days. I hope they will just send a replacement asap.

Richard

Archived