SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Lovejoy, Pleiades and Hyades

Just come inside from viewing Comet Lovejoy throuh my 15x70 bins, saw it as a greenish blob.

I panned downwards from the Pleiades until I picked it up.

The seeing in that direction is not very good but it's my first view of the the Comet, so very excited about it.

Avtar

That's a fantastic image - some of the threads from the observer side of the forum have been speculating that someone would capture this tonight and it is great to see the result.

Well done!

I drove to my favorite dark site last night, it a 1 1/2 hour drive but totally worth it, as you could spot Lovejoy unaided if you already knew where it was, and I got to see the horse head and flame nebula that I hadn't seen since last year, great night.

Through the never

I drove to my favorite dark site last night, it a 1 1/2 hour drive but totally worth it, as you could spot Lovejoy unaided if you already knew where it was, and I got to see the horse head and flame nebula that I hadn't seen since last year, great night.

Through the never

You *saw* the HH etc? Wow, wasn't sure that was possible visually.Congrats!

You *saw* the HH etc? Wow, wasn't sure that was possible visually.Congrats!

Thanks, what I have its a 12 inch Dob and I used a 28mm with a H-Beta filter and with a new moon and dark winter night where you can see Andromeda unaided , you can barely see the trace of it and averted vision also helps. [emoji292] [emoji276]

Through the never

Archived