Hello from the cloudy Pacific Northwest!

JLGordon10

Very happy to be able to say "Hi" to everyone... This has been decades in the making, as I've followed/studied Astronomy for decades but never seriously entered the observational arena.

Now I've "inherited" a Celestar 8 Basic SCT, which is prime for outfitting. With a refreshingly high learning curve I am immersing in eyepieces, diagonals, collimation procedures, laser finders, Telrad wisdom, f stops, magnification, polar alignment, reducer/correctors, high & low power TVs, Naglers, Barlows... the works!

Clear skies to you all!

Hi JLGordon and welcome to the forum. Looks like you're going to be very busy researching those listed topics and that will certainly keep you busy when the clouds come in. Please don't hesitate to ask any questions that will help you advance your learning and we're more than happy to help you with the necessary answers. Just post your question under the relevant section and watch the replies come in thick and fast!

Clear skies and hope you enjoy your stay here.

Archived