Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

comet C/2014 Q2 (Lovejoy) 16/1/15

As well as being naked eye visible tonight, comet Lovejoy is absolutely stunning in my 10 x 50s. The nucleas is very bright a fuzzy with a stellar-like core and the tail can also be seen, though ony faintly, streaming off. It's a more rewarding sight in my bins that in my 200p with a 32 m EP. I'm lucky that it's clear for the moment and I'm just in for a tea before nipping out again. The telescope is busy imaging but I'll be gauping at the comet with my bins.

As well as being naked eye visible tonight, comet Lovejoy is absolutely stunning in my 10 x 50s. The nucleas is very bright a fuzzy with a stellar-like core and the tail can also be seen, though ony faintly, streaming off. It's a more rewarding sight in my bins that in my 200p with a 32 m EP. I'm lucky that it's clear for the moment and I'm just in for a tea before nipping out again. The telescope is busy imaging but I'll be gauping at the comet with my bins.

Do you know if lovejoy is now visible in the Hawaiian Islands? I was lucky enough to move to Maui a month ago. I get conflicting info on the web and Celestrons iOS app doesn't seem to have it.

I bought a set of Pentax 20x60 Binos and Jupiter and 3 possible 4 of it's moons were amazing to see thru them the night before last.

I had never seen any of Jupiters moons before so it was exciting for me.

Archived