Narrowband

Light bridge dobsonians

orbiter06

Not sure if i would call the Light bridge a first scope. after 8 months i finally got use to my 8" skywatcher DOB. this was after a pair of 10x50s - 15x70s - 25x100s binos. 127 mak (EQ3) 4 1/2" reflector (EQ3). 6" Tal 2M. and a couple of refractors! my DOB is of a full set up type, if collapsed would you put your Light bridge together every time the stars come out? Any scope is only as good as the use it gets, sure the Meade will be good, but so is my William Optics 80mm (which is left on its tripod) Orion.

i had a few problems 1. the motor drive was noisy 2.when you by a wooden boxed tal, it has 2 secured ties make sure they are intact (mine was not) 3.one mirror pad was loose so i had to take the mirror out to refit the pad 4.an odd yellow patch the size of a penny was on the mirror. all said the optics far out weigh the price, but with all the faults i was put off and sent it back! i also found out there had been an upgrade to the focuser (2001 i think) but i could only get a pre upgrade modle! Orion

I am surprised that they have an 8" version as most 8" tubes fit comfortably across the back-seat of a car.

I think people like to take them on camping holidays in caravans and motor homes, you can just store them in a corner rather than having the tube rolling around the floor of the caravan.

I am surprised that they have an 8" version as most 8" tubes fit comfortably across the back-seat of a car.

Yeah, but if you have to take the wife, two kids, a cooler, clothing bags, a tent, the dog, and a hamster, the folded scope can go in the trunk, er, the boot. Besides, a truss scope looks so much sexier than a solid tube. :lol:

Archived