Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Addictive...

xs2man

Just thought I would share with you my latest.

After the wife buying me a little Celestron 114EQ for my Crimbo, I am hooked.

To the point, one of my other "likes", cars, is taking a beating.  I have now put up for sale TWO sets of wheels in order to buy more astronomy kit.

My xbox 360 will be going on ebay shortly too.

As the thread title suggests.  Addicted.

Well no.  It is one of MANY hobbies.

To be honest, I have always been a night owl anyway.  And have always had an interest in space and the stars (although not enough to learn the skies admittedly).  Heck, I changed my Uni course from Applied Physics to Physics to learn more about what goes on up there.

But yes, I have always wanted to take my own pictures of galaxies and other DSO's, but always figured it would be prohibitively expensive.  But seeing all these pictures on here, taken with relatively sensible gear, I have decided I would like to start a collection of some of the more interesting objects.

The key point is "taken with relatively sensible gear,"

It is very easy to step over the sensible criteria, guiding often being the step that adds to the cost. Simply that to add guide scope, camera etc means more weight and so a bigger mount and then it takes off.

Decide the extent you want to go to and stick to it.

Ha ha.  I am a bit of a "hobby" collector.  I have my DJ-ing, cars, home cinema, computer games, but the thing that uses up MOST of my money is obviously the wife and kids.  But now I have got this AP lark to add to my "collection".

I see your point ronin.  I was close to bidding on an AZEQ6 with 200pds yesterday, but "thankfully" it got a bit too rich for me right at the end.  I have my eye on something else now, that is substantially cheaper.  Albeit not quite as heavy duty.  But we'll see if it works out or not.  

The key point is "taken with relatively sensible gear,"

It is very easy to step over the sensible criteria, guiding often being the step that adds to the cost. Simply that to add guide scope, camera etc means more weight and so a bigger mount and then it takes off.

Decide the extent you want to go to and stick to it.

How true.

I've added guiding and decided just that. Need a bigger mount to take the weight.

If only I had a bigger wallet!

Archived