Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Sumerian 16" Pics

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Beautiful scope, congratulations. I have an OOUK 10" F4.8 mirror and an FT focuser and have been trying to decide on what to build around them.

This has solved that problem for me.

Hope you get many clear nights with this beast,

Matt

Richard,

How did I miss this, I have been looking at the site ever 10 minutes, I even had a look at 0400 this morning when I filled the heating system and didn't see it.

Looks nice, I have only got a 1/8 PV mirror though it is made by J Nichol so should by all accounts be good. I also wish I knew about the focuser you have had fitted by Michael, I would have gone for the same. You seem to have a good few friends that are Dob Mob members and know about these things, I did even know there was such a thing.

Lovely scope, now if only you had my sky, I have not seen a cloud now for 4 full days (rain, snow hail stage left). To sum up I am a bit :Envy: .

Alan

Richard,

How did I miss this, I have been looking at the site ever 10 minutes, I even had a look at 0400 this morning when I filled the heating system and didn't see it.

Looks nice, I have only got a 1/8 PV mirror though it is made by J Nichol so should by all accounts be good. I also wish I knew about the focuser you have had fitted by Michael, I would have gone for the same. You seem to have a good few friends that are Dob Mob members and know about these things, I did even know there was such a thing.

Lovely scope, now if only you had my sky, I have not seen a cloud now for 4 full days (rain, snow hail stage left). To sum up I am a bit :Envy: .

Alan

I wondered if you'd missed it :)

Michael didn't fit the focusser, just supplied the scope without one, but he used his own to test the scope before despatch. I ordered from Starlight directly and a friend brought it back for me. If yours hasn't been despatched I'm sure it wouldn't be too late if you wanted too but I seem to remember reading you don't like buying from the USA.

First light report in observation section :)

Richard,

Alan

Hi Richard

I'm in complete agreement with everyone here that its a fine looking bit of kit and thanks for the detailed photo's.

That feather touch LW looks very nice and I'm decided on one for mine. Please can you mention this in your review as I'd like to know how it fares with stiffness especially against the standard model.

Alan,

You definitely won't be disappointed with that N.O. mirror. I hope the scope can do such a jewel justice but looking at Richards pic's I think it will be a great combination. Looking forward to seeing it when you get it.

Damian

Damian,

I started putting the report together when I ordered it as I feel this is also part of the package, today I was writing part of the 24mm eyepiece review and if my scope report goes like my eyepiece reviews we will have birthdays whilst reading them.

I should have mine in about a week to 10 days all being well, I believe he only has mine on at the moment so a good time to order your scope. I am sure Richard's OO mirror is first rate I am getting a smaller one soon for the EQ mount not a 16 inch. I really liked Richards photos of it in the house, placed in a corner it could be a beautiful conversation piece.

Alan.

I really liked Richards photos of it in the house, placed in a corner it could be a beautiful conversation piece.

Alan.

My thought's exactly Alan when I made the first of the three scope's I'm building. Unfortunately living here it's probably where it will spend most of its time with weather like ours!

I've just remembered there's also some primary fans, should have taken a pic of these as well but haven't even looked at them yet.

Funny you should say that about storing it in a corner. When Jane asked me where I was going to keep it I jokingly said next to the other one in the corner. Her face was a picture, :)

Archived