Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

ASCOM and Windows 8.1 ?

Vega

Can anyone confirm if ASCOM drivers work with Windows 8.1 64bit? I'm helping a friend who intends to order a new laptop and don't want him to fall in to any traps with regard to scope automation. 

I notice on their website, they mention disabling .NET Framework 3.5.1 in Windows 7 in order for ASCOM to work. Is this the case with Windows 8.1 also?

Any help greatly appreciated.

Regards

I have latest ASCOM running on Win8.1 no problems, not with ASCOM anyway, can't say the same for 8.1  :grin:

Think Net framework is up to 4 something but you may need older versions as well to get some stuff to work.

Dave

Same here, my whole rig is now 8.1 and although I've had a few issues with other bits, Ascom works perfectly. Re The .NET issue I can't say although I remember having to tweak something. If you have trouble pm me and I can go through exactly what's installed.

Cheers

Will

Thanks all, Ascom worked fine. There was an issue with the Telescope Finder (via com part) feature. It gave an error message saying is 32bit and will not work on a 64bit system. This caused serious problems setting up the Celestron mount in drop down lists for software like PHD and Stellarium scope. It was eventually solved by using the Telescope finder (via .net) feature in ASCOM. I had to check the show all ports to find the com port though!  What a headache!

Archived