Oh hey guys!

house

Hey all! Brand new to SGL, fairly new to the hobby. I'm 25 and originally from California, currently stationed in Georgia with the US Air Force. I have a very entry-level 60mm scope that I love using, and plan on hanging on to until I know enough about equipment to know what to upgrade with. I'm new to the forums, but lurk astronomy subreddits constantly. 

This last week I've been fighting the fog and the moonlight to track Lovejoy, and have been having a blast doing it.

Looking forward to being here more!

Greetings & Welcome to SGL! And we do love questions - which soon you will undoubtedly be answering yourself.

You sound like you have a well-rounded sense of learning enough about this multi-faceted field of astronomy BEFORE you spend a fortune upgrading equipment. That's a rare approach! I like it! :grin:

Clear Skies & Dark Nights,

Dave

Hi and welcome to SGL - Glad that you found us, sounds like you are having great fun and that's what it's all about regardless of perceived kit quality. The best scope you have is the one that you use!!

Look forward to seeing you around :)

Hey Michigan! Yeah, I'm a bit of a Dodgers fan. It's hard to get pumped about it in the off-season, though. Trying to keep up with all the trades just so I'm not totally lost next season, you know?

How about yourself? Tigers fan?

Archived