Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

My new toy :)

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Congrats! This is the scope I use. My best planetary views were with a 9mm eyepiece (311X). Be sure to check the collimation. Last time I viewed Saturn a slight adjustment of the secondary made a big difference.

Sorry Russell,

I did see another on Astrobuysell yesterday quite a bit cheaper!

Saw that one too, although it would need the usual bearing change for one that's spent it's life on a wedge. I'm second in line for that one too, but I'm also conversing about one that hasn't been advertised anywhere yet.

Russell

Very nice! Congratulations and welcome to the world of BIG scopes! And the Hyperions are a perfect compliment.

I'll toss out one caveat though: When storing the scope for awhile, don't leave it with the scoped aimed down. It's rare, but the grease used to lubricate the sled the primary rides on can drip in some situations. And that could stain the corrector from inside the OTA. Keep an SCT level or pointed up if you're going away for awhile.

Clear & Dark Skies,

Dave

Very nice! Congratulations and welcome to the world of BIG scopes! And the Hyperions are a perfect compliment.

I'll toss out one caveat though: When storing the scope for awhile, don't leave it with the scoped aimed down. It's rare, but the grease used to lubricate the sled the primary rides on can drip in some situations. And that could stain the corrector from inside the OTA. Keep an SCT level or pointed up if you're going away for awhile.

Clear & Dark Skies,

Dave

Thanks for the heads-up Dave :)

Archived