Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

My new toy :)

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nice scope :smiley:

You can add a new one to the thread in a new post. You can't edit the original post to add another photo though. Sorry about that.

I being a little slow John, I can't see an option for that. Is it a limit as I'm new?

From room temperature I think the 11" SCT's can take 60-90 minutes. You might get away with some low power viewing earlier than that but the air currents in the tube mess the image up a bit for higher powered viewing.

Do you have some dew prevention gear for the scope ? - you are likely to need it !

Thanks John. I have got a dew shield, but no heaters.

I'll have to place an order. The last thing I want is clear skies and a fogged up scope!

The dew shield may be enough but on heavy dew nights heated dew bands and the dew shield are sometimes needed. SCT's are dew magnets !

Don't be too dissapointed if the conditions won't support the 8mm or 5mm Hyperions. They give 350x and 560x respectively which is a tall order on most nights with any scope !

Archived