sgl_imaging_challenge_2021_annual.thumb.jpg.3fc34f695a81b16210333189a3162ac7.jpg

Ultra portable widefield rig

I will remove Dec axis tonight from my eq1 and will try to attach ball head to it. Will see how it will go.

One question - how do you pillar align your rig? I was thinking about using laser somehow but not sure where to fix it.

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Bar a couple of tweaks to counterweight size and a more solid EQ1/tripod interface plate I've got my portable widefield rig up and running at long last. Its an EQ1 with basic drive coupled to a Monk P

Cheers themos, I suspected it would have poor pe but 50mm is the max fl I shall be using and 1 to 2 minute subs max. I have gone into this with my eyes open and do not expect fantastic pe. I started i

A slight modification Whilst messing with the set up above I quickly realised that the dec axis was a pain. If the counterweight wasn't hitting the motor box then the dec slow motion arm was. So... I