sgl_imaging_challenge_2021_annual.thumb.jpg.3fc34f695a81b16210333189a3162ac7.jpg

A short time-lapse of the comet C/2014 Q2 travelling through a patch of London sky on 10th January 2014. The five second clip shows just under an hour of real time movement. - 82 x 20 second exposures at 3200 ISO (one shot every 40 seconds). Playback is at 15 frames per second. Sorry about the gif quality, I don't know if it's possible to show higher quality video here :)

post-33955-0-20150400-1421073158.gif

• Like 11

Nice one. You clearly got better skies than in here in Groningen. I managed no more than 10 40 second frames

Yes we were lucky with the weather that night but it was very windy so the scope was moving quite a bit which meant I had to delete about two thirds of what I shot. Fortunately I was able to get 82 reasonably stable shots in a row. I hope you get some clear sky in Groningen soon  :smiley:

Yes we were lucky with the weather that night but it was very windy so the scope was moving quite a bit which meant I had to delete about two thirds of what I shot. Fortunately I was able to get 82 reasonably stable shots in a row. I hope you get some clear sky in Groningen soon  :smiley:

Thanks, but the forecast is bleak :(

I like that a lot :) Did you use a LP filter?

Cheers

Will

Hi Will, yes I did use a LP filter ( unfortunately necessary in London). They are helpful but they do cut out a lot of light which may explain why I haven't yet managed to resolve the comet's tail in the stacked images.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now