Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Skywatcher BK 1309 EQ2 vs Skywatcher explorer 130 p/f /650 parabolic

Hi. I am new to astronomy and need some advice. I purchased the second telescope in the title from Amazon, however I was sent the first one instead. Excuse my ignorance, but is the telescope sent to me inferior to the one I ordered? I understood from some research a parabolic mirror was a plus. Any advice given as to whether I should return it would be greatly appreciated.

Hello and welcome to the forum :smiley:

The one you have been sent is not a bad scope as such but generally newtonians with parabilic mirrors are a better bet. Also, the one you have been sent, which I think is the one in the 1st link below, seems to be less expensive than the one you ordered which I think is the one in my 2nd link below. If this is the case then you should have had a partial refund too !:

1st link: http://www.firstlightoptics.com/reflectors/skywatcher-explorer-130.html

2nd link: http://www.firstlightoptics.com/reflectors/skywatcher-explorer-130p.html

The 130P at 650mm FL should be a little better concerning the final image quality, you may not however get a big a final magnification out of it - the extra focal length does make that easier.

However if it not the one ordered, requested and paid for then you should contact them and get it changed for what you ordered.

Amazon are normally good for this in fairness to them.

Thanks for getting back to me. I think I will send it back as a result. Shouldn't lose too much viewing time in the next week due to the weather forecast up here. Look forward to speaking to you in the future on the forum!

Archived