Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

stargazine_ep28_banner.thumb.jpg.b94278254f44dd38f3f7ee896fe45525.jpg

Hi all, before going comet hunting tonight I went and found a nice vantage point to observe tonights conjunction of Venus and Mercury.  I believe I read they were around 1degree separated.  They look great hanging low in the dusk sky and Mars was also visible higher up and more southerly. I took quite a few images but this 4sec ISO100 shot was my favourite.

IMG_5654.cr2.tif

https://www.flickr.com/photos/116958085@N07/16246201211/

Love that, especially with the car zooming passed! It was a lovely site just after sunset behind the trees last night.

• Like 1

Thankyou very much, I thought I had missed it at first as it looked much lower on my planetarium app. My fave westerly spot was not suitable so I went hunting for somewhere else and was against the clock! Got some good luck here considering the recent weather.

Nice atmospheric shot - love the foreground too - well done :police:

• Like 1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now