30sec_exposures_2021.jpg.48851b1871a4bf9500ebd53c3e790d81.jpg

X2C Color balance help needed- OrionM42

f15p5

Hi Don,

Wow! what a difference. How many hours did that take? Thanks for doing it, you can fix my poor images anytime :smiley: I guess a program like that is really useful. Is it hard to use for a software dummy?

Thanks,

Richard

The program is Nebulosity 3 produced by Stark Labs. I have the Mac version. It has an auto balance feature, so you open the image and click on Auto Balance and, voila! I kicked up the saturation level a bit, too. Total time, about 30 seconds. The program costs about $80, but you can download a trial version for free and there's no time limit. You just can't save a clear image. I also proved that it isn't hard for a software dummy because I am one.

I think Paul's new version of LL will have the auto align/balance feature and improved means of increasing saturation. I only got Neb 3 because I keep dreaming about getting a higher res camera like the Atik460 or SX694, but they're expensive and still won't perform like the Lodestars with LL for NRTV.

Don

Hi Paul,

Link went away? Anyways go to my Gallery they are there. On this night conditions were horrible, 80% overcast, moon, neighbor with spotlights on. I could read a book by all the light. Could barely see belt stars at times during imaging. Also was very humid around 97%. I would never had set up to do visual in these conditions, but with a new camera and mount wanted to try them out some more. Was really surprised by the results. Was using a IR cut filter, don't know if it helped or hurt. When it is clear here with lower humidity, sky can be very good and dark except due south below 30 degrees. 15 years ago better than 6.0. Now 5.5 to 5.8 at best. This night maybe 2.0-3.0. Looking forward to Version 11!

Thanks for the flowers, really encouraging.

Richard